The Public Affairs Division is responsible for creating system publications for external audiences, including:
- Amazing Facts
A pocket guide to the system.
- News Watch (Click to subscribe)
A weekly email subscription service offering a sample of recent news stories including Minnesota headlines, national headlines and local editorials and opinion pieces of interest or concern to the higher education community.
- Legislative publications and materials, such as the system’s biennial budget request, bonding request, legislative testimony, campus profiles, presentations and other publications as necessary.
- Marketing materials for student recruitment, such as Go Places, a colorful free guide to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities intended for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors; materials for high school counselors; and related items such as posters and postcards.
- The public portion of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Web site: www.mnscu.edu.
- Other publications as needed, including economic impact reports, brochures, reports, newspaper articles and opinion pieces.
The publication process
An overview of how to produce a publication for the Minnesota State system
Publications style guide
This reference page contains style guidelines specific to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities and addresses some frequently asked style questions. For advice on issues not covered in this guide, consult the AP stylebook or call the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Public Affairs Office.
Graphic design standards and logos
System logo and seal and identity standards are available to assist with Web and print design projects that make use the system logo, seal or other features of the system brand.
Powerpoint presentation templates
Templates for system office and Board of Trustees presentations.
System publications archive
An archive of Minnesota State system publications from 1999 to the present
Graphic design services
Administrative Assistant, Advancement
Phone: 651-201-1811 | Fax: 651-296-0872